Author Topic: A good cheap Laptop  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Darwin

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Good choice,Bad choice life still goes on
A good cheap Laptop
« on: May 13, 2018, 04:45:50 pm »
Hey guys, how are you? I want to know if any of you know any good laptops that can run samp smooth. I was looking at the lenovo g50 but I want to get some feed back on y'all opinions

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
Re: A good cheap Laptop
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 01:26:20 pm »
i have a lenovo g580 with 4gb ram and intel graphics. samp runs smooth on it with high graphics and 90+fps.

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:47:32 pm »
Hey guys, how are you? I want to know if any of you know any good laptops that can run samp smooth. I was looking at the lenovo g50 but I want to get some feed back on y'all opinions

Get a cheap entry level msi. With gtx1050.

Ps: samp can run smooth in any medium slab laptop.pm for help

PakoVH

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 05:17:07 pm »
DELL Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop.
Price:654.99
I5 7th Generation
GTX 1050 4gb
8gb Ram
1tb HDD
Full HD Display

I recommend you that laptop, I bought that 4 months ago and you can run SA-MP in full HD with high effects and play other games like GTA V, Nier Automata, Fortnite, FIFA 18, etc; with more than 40 frapes.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 05:53:24 pm »
Just a advice, buy a laptop for gaming if you really need the portability because a custom built pc is cheaper and performs way better than a laptop.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:08:11 pm by Vishwas »
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 06:56:40 pm »
Just a advice, buy a laptop for gaming if you really need the probability because a custom built pc is cheaper and performs way better than a laptop.
Yeah, for example, pistol bought A gaming laptop and has only Samp installed

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 08:07:33 pm »
Stupid pistol kkkkkk

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 08:33:13 am »
Just a advice, buy a laptop for gaming if you really need the probability because a custom built pc is cheaper and performs way better than a laptop.
Pistol is doing 3d animation and modelling projects which require portability and powerful system.

A 'gaming' laptop isn't just for gaming, if it has powerful specs then it is also used for media creation and modelling.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 10:09:44 am »
Buy whatever you want but your graphics must be Nvidia gtx

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline BugsBunny

• VIP
  • xd
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 02:56:09 pm »
Maybe the topic should change from 'a good cheap laptop'
To a '(Indian accent) gud laptop sir Indian laptop veri gut'

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 04:29:16 pm »
Pistol is doing 3d animation and modelling projects which require portability and powerful system.

A 'gaming' laptop isn't just for gaming, if it has powerful specs then it is also used for media creation and modelling.
Almost everyone knows that Leader.
I was jocking

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 07:19:45 am »
Maybe the topic should change from 'a good cheap laptop'
To a '(Indian accent) gud laptop sir Indian laptop veri gut'
Henlo sirrr, how mae i halpu sir. *Hands over a 14 inch laptop with 2gb ram* "sir vary gud prodact, best market"

@lp, it didn't look like a jock :/
We should praise how our pistol boi uses his asus rog for something better than just gaming.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 10:42:59 am »

Does he really, really need the portability? I thought I did and got a gaming laptop. They are in no way cheap, particularly since they have little to no upgrade potential (which saves money in the long run). They have much less powerful parts that might look good compared to other laptops, but in reality they are constrained by the inherent heating issues created by cramming shit into a small space. They aren't even that portable, since they are fucking heavy.

I sold my gaming laptop after a myriad of heating issues and low-quality parts breaking. I could only really use a fraction of the performance it had on paper. Games would run great until the GPU hit 63°C, then the GPU would be throttled to keep the temperatures low. I had bought several extended warranties (~$400), so I sold the warranty replacement I managed to squeeze out of Alienware for $1375, then I spent that plus another $400 on a nice desktop build.  I have a GTX 980, 16GB RAM, a 5820K, 4.5TB of storage, no heat issues, a nice keyboard, a nice mouse, a nice monitor, etc.

Most parts come with their own warranties that are far more generous than the bullshit you get from Dell/Alienware/MSI/etc. My power supply has a ten-year warranty, for example. My GPU has a three-year warranty. I've only had one thing go wrong with my entire computer in the three years I've had it- the Micron SSD I cheaped out on (Samsung is better) bricked itself because it had a firmware issue. It cost me shipping and a few days to get it fixed.

On top of that, you don't need to keep buying a new one like you would with a laptop because the graphics cards are far more powerful, so you get more life out of them, and when games start outpacing the card, you just get a new one and keep the other parts. Way cheaper. You run out of space? You don't have to buy a new drive that can (hopefully) hold all your shit. Just throw in another that you bought for nothing! Need more RAM? Just throw in another 16GB stick without getting rid of the old one for 32GB.

I'd reevaluate whether you really need a portable "powerful" laptop. I realized that I never needed much power unless I was at home, so there was no point in me having a "portable" gaming laptop when I could instead have a desktop that would blow my laptop away in terms of reliability, cost, and performance. I now I have a truly powerful desktop, and an okay-but-reliable laptop for travel (Lenovo T460s with an LG 2560x1440 screen I installed for a total of $800- truly portable, reliable, and cheap for something I expect to last me 5+ years). I won't lie- occasionally I wish I had a more powerful laptop in certain situations. However, 50% of those times, I can still bring my desktop, and another 40% I can just wait until I get home. The remaining 10% isn't a big deal when you realize how much better the setup is overall than having just a gaming laptop than only works as expected 10% of the time.

PCPartPicker.com is pretty helpful. Here's a sample build. I don't know what your budget is, but remember that you can skimp on some parts to upgrade later when they become cheaper. I just used an older monitor and an ancient keyboard I had lying around when I built mine. I've since upgraded the keyboard, and I'm going to upgrade to a 4K display when they get cheaper. I also skimped on my storage and RAM, since I knew that while I would eventually need more, it would become cheaper. Do a little research and build a computer that has everything, or at least the beginnings of everything, you really want. You'll be much happier.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 11:02:48 am »
If you're going down the PC road or even laptop in that case. Wait some time since the market is currently in its correction state, Crytomining fucked shit out of GPU prices. (and ram). It's kinda going low but yeah it will take some time. Laptop prices aren't that affected by mining.

But you should really really wait since the Nvidia 1100 GPU series is coming just around the corner (July).

Yomama made it clear the pros and cons of having a pc or laptop.
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 09:02:25 pm »
If you're going down the PC road or even laptop in that case. Wait some time since the market is currently in its correction state, Crytomining fucked shit out of GPU prices. (and ram). It's kinda going low but yeah it will take some time. Laptop prices aren't that affected by mining.
Yeah, I forgot about the crypto bullshit.