Author Topic: Post the philosophical quotes you like the most.  (Read 25610 times)

Offline Shawkhawk did nothing wrong!

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Post the philosophical quotes you like the most.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 09:04:44 am »

Atoms do not have a "will", so they do not have "opinion".
So, between "atoms and empty space" and "opinion", there is "something".
And sometimes that atoms lead to appearance of a useless posts and topics.
That's tour opinion

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 09:05:08 am »
When was the last time you used Google ?
>PayPal was established in December 1998 as Confinity,[12] a company that developed security software for handheld devices[13] founded by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek and Ken Howery.
>PayPal was developed and launched as a money transfer service at Confinity in 1999, funded by John Malloy from BlueRun Ventures
>In March 2000, Confinity merged with X.com, an online banking company founded by Elon Musk.

I am just wondering how is it possible to be a "founder" of PayPal, which was developed in 1999, if you came to the company in 2000? Do not know, maybe Musk have  time machine?

Fraud?
lol who the fuck are you anyways and why would your opinion matter..Next time if you actually want to get to be taken seriously just come with some facts.
I am a man who, unlike you, googled not what he "wanna do", but what he "already did".
He has a shitload of "projects", he received a shitload of "investments", and from what i can read in "google" i see, that "some" of them are nothing but a bubble.

Nothing else exists except atoms and empty space, everything else is opinion
Atoms do not have a "will", so they do not have "opinion".
So, between "atoms and empty space" and "opinion", there is "something".
And sometimes that atoms lead to appearance of a useless posts and topics.
Ger your facts right
Dec 1998
In a town called Palto Alto, California, it was the year 1998. The vision that PayPal’s founders — Max Levchin, Elon Musk, Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek, and Ken Howery — formed was finally coming together. Initially, Levchin and Thiel launched Confinity, which later merged with the online banking company X.com. PayPal eventually become the main focus and later was used as the name of the company. X.com changed its name to PayPal in June 2001

X.com and Confinity merged and after some time they BOTH formed PayPal. If Musk was the founder of X.com that obviously makes him one of the founders of paypal,Duh.

So you called him a fraud just because his plans look like a bubble to you? Where were you when he complete his projects in solar power which he did as he promised.

Use Google properly

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.pymnts.com/in-depth/2015/throwback-thursday-paypals-biggest-days-in-history/amp/

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:20:05 am by Vishwas »
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 09:25:31 am »
X.com and Confinity merged and after some time they BOTH formed PayPal. If Musk was the founder of X.com that obviously makes him one of the founders of paypal,Duh.
They merged IN THE FUCKING 2000, and PayPal was ALREDY LAUNCHED IN 1999. It ALREADY was DEVELOPED AND LAUNCHED.
Do you really that stupid to not understand what "founder" means? If someone will marry and fuck your mother, will you call him your father (founder)?

So you called him a fraud just because his plans look like a bubble to you? Where were you when he complete his projects in solar power which he did as he promised.
I am calling him a fraud because from what i`ve read he already fucked up some of his projects and experts  are saying that this projects were a failure from the very beginning, which is nothing but a fraud.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 09:33:35 am »
" And I ask myself, why does reality have to be simple. My experience has taught me that,
on he contrary, it is almost never that way. And when there is something that seems to be
very clear, something that seems to have a simple cause, behind it there are always more
complicated motives. An ordinary example: people who give alms usually feel that it
makes more generous and better than those who do not give. I can’t help but feel disdain
for such a simplistic theory. Any one knows, you will never solve a beggar’s problem
(any real beggar) with a peso, or a piece of bread. All it does is solve the problem of the
person who buys some spiritual tranquility and his title of generosity for almost nothing.
Just think how stingy these people are when they only give one peso a day to reassure
their spiritual tranquility, and the comforting vanity of their kindness. How much more
spiritual purity, and how much more courage it takes to overcome the existence of human
misery than this hypocritical ( and frequent) way of behaving! "

- Ernesto Sabato

imo, one of his best quotes, brilliant

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 09:34:44 am »
They merged IN THE FUCKING 2000, and PayPal was ALREDY LAUNCHED IN 1999. It ALREADY was DEVELOPED AND LAUNCHED.
Do you really that stupid to not understand what "founder" means? If someone will marry and fuck your mother, will you call him your father (founder)?

I am calling him a fraud because from what i`ve read he already fucked up some of his projects and experts  are saying that this projects were a failure from the very beginning, which is nothing but a fraud.
That's exactly where you're wrong fucking idiot. It wasn't even named PayPal in 1999 lmao. Jesus just seriously re-read the link I gave.
Or you can't use Google again, wait..

PayPal was established in December 1998 as Confinity,[12] a company that developed security software for handheld devices[13] founded by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek and Ken Howery.[12][14] PayPal was developed and launched as a money transfer service at Confinity in 1999, funded by John Malloy from BlueRun Ventures.[15][16]

In March 2000, Confinity merged with X.com, an online banking company founded by Elon Musk.[17] Musk was optimistic about the future success of the money transfer business Confinity was developing.[18] Musk and then-president and CEO of X.com, Bill Harris, disagreed on this point and Harris left the company in May 2000.[18] In October of that year, Musk made the decision that X.com would terminate its other Internet banking operations and focus on the PayPal money service.[19] In the same month, Elon Musk was replaced by Peter Thiel as CEO of X.com. The X.com company was then renamed PayPal in 2001,[20] and expanded rapidly throughout the year until company executives decided to take PayPal public in 2002.[14][21] Paypal's IPO listed under the ticker PYPL at $13 per share and ended up generating over $61 million.[22]

Your logic is as fucked as you.. in that way I hope you were never founded in the first place.

I still think it was better idea to ignore this person to avoid stupid abusive talks which make no sense
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:39:30 am by Vishwas »

Offline SoLoD

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 09:37:55 am »
Any one knows, you will never solve a beggar’s problem (any real beggar) with a peso, or a piece of bread.
The thing is that if you WILL NOT give a peso, you will not solve a problem too. AND even more: if you will not give it - some man will (probably) die. I am not saying that killing all beggars is not a "solution", i am just saying that it is not what you wanna say with your quote.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 09:42:30 am »
Appropriate for this topic.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

-Mark Twain

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 09:44:43 am »
You guys are having a go at each other over an Assassin's Creed quote? Really? ;D

*grabs popcorn*

"toni ghost fantasma brbrbrbr resurge kkkkkkkk"
- toni

Also my favorite.
Elaboration: some humans are able to transcend into ghosts, meaning you cannot hurt them, or stop them. No matter what you do, they will always come back, you can only hope to temporarily slow them down.
God, that's a deep quote right there!

Offline SoLoD

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 09:47:47 am »
That's exactly where you're wrong fucking idiot.
I can tell you exactly the same.
I am talking about innovative money transfer system. You are talking about fucking company name.

Musk bought a company with already developed system (paypal), then he sold it.
You are talking about him as about an "inventor". And saying that he "was founder of PayPal".

And i am saying that in this case HE DID NOT INVENTED A SHIT. The product was already done. The only thing he did was operation of "buy-sale" to get money. So, tell me, this is why you are "quoting" him?

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 09:52:37 am »

Appropriate for this topic.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

-Mark Twain
What is really stupid is to use mainstream quotes and quotes from books you`ve never read.

//Skittles: Merging a double post.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:13:57 pm by Skittles »

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 10:00:49 am »
You guys are having a go at each other over an Assassin's Creed quote? Really? ;D
*grabs popcorn*
blame carg  :D

Any one knows, you will never solve a beggar’s problem (any real beggar) with a peso, or a piece of bread.
The thing is that if you WILL NOT give a peso, you will not solve a problem too. AND even more: if you will not give it - some man will (probably) die. I am not saying that killing all beggars is not a "solution", i am just saying that it is not what you wanna say with your quote.
Look man, it's not about this simple line, or any other, but about urself. If you're pessimist, and you obviously are one, you'll always be able to find negative side of it. But what you clearly don't realise, is that most of us are different, and instead of tryin to convince us to think your way; rather show some tolerance and accept the fact not everyone has miserable, depressed, sad shit of life so he has to spread cancer all over the internet. Dunno what you are trying to prove all this time but from what I saw, the only enemy u got is your ego, not us. 

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2018, 10:22:12 am »
Didn't reat it all . placebos doesn't mean they r lying to themselves, they just hope it works. If they knew it was a lie then the effect of that placebo will be nothing.

Also, now i know the meaning of a cynicist.
*Looks at solod*
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:36:15 am by Saurabh »

Offline Shawkhawk did nothing wrong!

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2018, 10:37:38 am »
Flat Earth is true,
Illuminati controls world
Lizard people are enslaving us!
Wake up.

-pistolstar

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2018, 12:25:17 pm »
Vincit Qui Se Vincit

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 01:42:15 pm »
Nice, quoting a fucking racist and terrorist, who is talking about education, and at the same time the only invention from his educated black friends is to poo to the elevator`s shaft, which were built by white men.
hhhhhh i didn't knew that nilson mandela was ''a fucking racist and terrorist''  ;D ,i thought he passed 27 years in prison to eleminate racism .vary sa-mp Solod.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2018, 04:19:03 pm »
Arabiane Solod got triggered for nothing lol. Chill!